Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Program Support Center (PSC), Information and Systems Management Service (ISMS), Division of Enterprise Systems Operations Management (ESOM)
Program: Financial Enterprise System Enhancement Unified Financial Management System (UFMS) and PRISM Application Operations & Maintenance (O&M), Development, and Enhancement
Overview: TeraThink provides operations maintenance services through a proprietary O&M methodology designed to deliver high quality services and program efficiencies through the deployment of experienced personnel and subject matter experts to support the global deployment of PSC’s shared financial and administrative systems supporting multiple DHHS Operating Divisions (OpDivs) and external customers. The solution is based on an Oracle eBusiness Suite Federal Financial platform that is integrated with Compusearch PRISM, Sunflower Assets, Oracle | Hyperion Business Intelligence, e-Travel, and PeopleSoft Human Resources.
- Successful transition of operational responsibilities and knowledge
- High degree of success retaining key incumbent personnel
- Strong collaboration with other vendors within a multi-contractor, integrated project team-support environment
- Provides cost effective and efficient approach through operational efficiencies
- Operates in an ITIL framework and leverages CMMI repeatable processes
- Contributes to the strategic planning for PSC Shared Services across multiple business lines, including: financial management, human resource management, grants management, and the emerging needs for health care management
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Program: IT Security Assessment and Risk Catalog Support
Overview: In preparation for potential future GAO audits, TeraThink conducted a preemptive independent security assessment to (1) position itself to be successful against a security audit and (2) continue to improve its overall security posture through constant security weakness identification and remediation.
- Proposed process improvements to implement at MITS Cybersecurity to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of FISMA activities
- Developed a plan of action for implementation of each proposed process improvements. Defined high-level objectives, key activities, and targeted milestones
- Established an information security metrics to measure the IRS security posture from both an efficiency and effectiveness perspective
Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC)
Program: Program Management Office (PMO) Support Services
Overview: The OCC selected TeraThink as a strategic partner to assist their organization to obtain a future state based on program and project management best practices and defined repeatable processes for large, complex, mission critical IT system initiatives.
- Implemented best practices in program and project management
- Identified, analyzed, aligned, and justified new IT initiatives that contributed to the OCC business strategy and enhanced operational productivity
- Proactively managed, monitored, and mitigated issues and risks that could impact project success
- Identified developed, implemented, maintained, and publicized OCC-standard program management processes, tools, methods, and standards
- Identified opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and quality
Washington Headquarters Services (WHS)
Program: WHS Allotment and Accounting System Migration
Overview: TeraThink currently provides PMO and functional support to WHS in migrating their legacy financial system into a Momentum-based application software.
- Delivered Project Management Plan, baseline Integrated Master Schedule, and Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan to support the overall program
- Developed Interim Solution Gap Analysis to identify limitations of the application’s capabilities against WHS business needs
- Developed Shared Services Best Practices to support WHS’ service level agreement with Joint Chief of Staff (JCS)
- Developed communication plan for the WAAS migration to facilitate information exchanges between WHS stakeholders and customers
Department of Commerce (DOC)
Program: Financial Management Business and Technical Analysis
Overview: Assists the chief financial officer and assistant secretary for administration (CFO/ASA) in the DOC in determining future modernization strategies and direction through comprehension of current state and alternative operations, costs, and systems compliance aligned with the latest treasury and OMB initiatives.
- Developed the first complete picture of the operational costs for DOC’s major administrative systems approved by all the bureaus. Multiple other vendors had unsuccessfully attempted similar analysis over a ten-year period. TeraThink successfully completed this task in six months
- In progress: conducting analysis to determine the long-term viability and migration plan for the legacy Commerce Business System (CBS)
- In progress: defining the future roadmap for DOC’s administrative system modernization efforts